Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Week Out

These plants are growing like crazy... I can practically SEE them grow when I look at them. This is what they looked like one week ago:



And this is what they looked like this morning:



The individual plants are looking really good. I wish I could post these next few pics of each side-by-side, but the dang blog layout won't let me (or I just can't figure out how).

This is Marianna's Peace last week:



Here she is yesterday:



Carmello a week ago:



Carmello yesterday:



Paul Robeson on May 8:



Paul on May 15:



Goose Creek a week ago:



And this week:



I'm especially glad to see how well Goose Creek is doing, and not only because it was the most expensive of my four seedlings. It's an heirloom variety that has a really interesting history, having been brought to the Lowcountry of South Carolina by a slave who smuggled the seeds in her skirt when she was brought to Charleston. Her Gullah-Geechee descendants have passed the seeds on to each generation and now her great-great-grandson (who is an edible landscape expert) has made them available to gardeners everywhere. I can't wait to try the tomatoes from this plant, and so far it's looking good! In fact, the plants are all looking so good I'm going to have to get Thierry to help me put up the cages for them sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment